League of Legends (LoL) is one of the most popular online multiplayer games in the world, boasting millions of players. However, like any complex software, it’s not immune to technical issues. One common problem that players encounter is Error Code 900. If you’re facing this issue, don’t worry; we’ve got you covered. In this article, we’ll explore the causes of Error Code 900 and provide you with a step-by-step guide to solve it.
What is League of Legends Error Code 900?
Error Code 900 is an error message that some League of Legends players encounter when trying to launch the game. It can be frustrating as it prevents you from accessing the game and enjoying your favorite champions and maps. This error typically occurs due to issues with the game’s client or your computer’s settings.
Common Causes of Error Code 900:
- Server Issues: Sometimes, Error Code 900 can be caused by server problems on Riot Games’ end. In such cases, the issue is not within your control, and you can only wait for Riot Games to resolve the server-related problem.
- Corrupted Game Files: Corrupted game files can lead to various errors, including Error Code 900. If any game files are damaged or missing, it can prevent the game from launching.
- Firewall or Antivirus Blocking: Your firewall or antivirus software may sometimes block League of Legends from connecting to the game servers, leading to Error Code 900.
- Outdated or Conflicting Software: Outdated drivers, conflicting software, or background applications can also interfere with League of Legends and trigger this error.
Solving League of Legends Error Code 900:
Now that we understand the potential causes of Error Code 900, let’s delve into the solutions:
- Check Server Status: Start by checking the status of the League of Legends servers. Visit Riot Games’ official website or their social media channels for updates on server issues. If the problem is on their end, you’ll need to wait until they resolve it.
- Repair the Game Client:
- Open the League of Legends Launcher.
- Click on the gear icon in the top-right corner to open the Settings menu.
- Select “Initiate Full Repair.”
- Follow the on-screen instructions to repair your game files.
- This process may take some time, so be patient.
- Disable Firewall and Antivirus:
- Temporarily disable your firewall and antivirus software.
- Try launching League of Legends again.
- If the error is gone, add an exception for LoL in your firewall and antivirus settings to prevent future conflicts.
- Update Drivers and Software:
- Make sure your graphics card drivers, Windows, and other essential software are up-to-date.
- Outdated software can cause compatibility issues.
- Close Background Applications:
- Close any unnecessary background applications that might be using network resources.
- This can include web browsers, file-sharing software, or streaming services.
- Reinstall League of Legends:
- As a last resort, if none of the above solutions work, consider uninstalling and reinstalling League of Legends. This will ensure you have a clean installation.
League of Legends Error Code 900 can be a frustrating roadblock for avid players, but it’s usually solvable with the right troubleshooting steps. By following the guidelines provided in this article, you can get back into the game and continue your journey in the Rift. Remember that patience is key, and sometimes the issue may be on Riot Games’ end, requiring some time for resolution. Good luck, and may your games be error-free!